Charity in Somerset
The initiation ceremony forcibly impresses on a candidate’s mind the life changing effects that charity can have. Freemasons are constantly reminded that they should be charitable in word and deed, not just to their brother freemasons but to all mankind.
Freemasons support four main Masonic Charities in addition to supporting many local charities and good causes. In the past five years Lodges in Somerset have donated £500,000 to local charities.
Regional Charity- Somerset Masonic Charities Grants
- Somerset Freemasons Donate £1000 To The West Somerset Crisis Fund.
- The MCF Chairman and the High Sheriff of Somerset visit the Christmas Square Meals Project in Bath
- £2000 donation for Peasedown St. John Soft Play Area
- Update on Somerset Freemasons Supporting the High Sherrif
- Wonder Woman Flies in to Help 4 Local Charities
- Brother Wonder Woman’s Zip Wire Challenge!
- The NHS Day in Somerset
- Connaught Lodge NHS day
- Clevedon Hub NHS day Charity Lunch
- The NHS Workers day in Somerset
- Freemasons in Taunton support the Huish Tigers Youth Programme
- Support for the Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal
- Somerset DofE Committee end of year report 2019/20
- Somerset Community Foundation grants to the homeless
- The Somerset Community Foundation supported by the Somerset Masonic Charity
- Lodge of Agricultre donate £1000 to NICU at Southmead Hospital
- 4th Ashlar for Lodge of Brotherly Love
- Congratulations to Pilgrims lodge, for Ashlars three, four, and five
- King Alfred’s 5th Asler
- Tynte Lodge donate to Musgrove Park Hospital Maternity Unit
- Wraxall Lodge’s 5th Ashlar
- Sir Isaac Newton Lodge donates £165 to Lifeboats
- Exmoor Lodge donate over £2500 to local charities
- Wraxall lodge would like to introduce Carter
- Somerset Masonic Footprint recognised in FMT
- 5th Ashlar for Saltford Lodge
- Wraxall Lodge raises money for Macmillan Cancer Charity
- High Sherriff receives £10,000 from Somerset Freemasons to ‘Unlock Potential’
- Cornucopia Lodge in Keynsham receive Recognition
- MCF Work in Somerset 2018/9
National – Masonic Charitable Foundation
For Freemasons, for families, for everyone
The Masonic Charitable Foundation builds better lives by enabling opportunity, advancing healthcare and education and promoting independence for Freemasons, their families and the wider community.
Funded entirely through the generosity of Freemasons and their families, the Masonic Charitable Foundation is one of the largest grant-making charities in the country.