Meets at – The Masonic Hall, Bath Road, Keynsham, BS31 1SR at 18:30 on the second Thursday. Months – March, May, October and November.
Consecrated 18th October 1930 Meets at The Masonic Hall, Bath Road, Keynsham. Freemasonry first came to Keynsham in 1879 when a Warrant was issued for the consecration of St Keyna Lodge No.1833. It met in a room at the Lamb and Lark Public House, which was located at the junction of Temple Street and High Street. The Pub was owned by Georges Bristol Brewery and was demolished to make way for the building of a Key Market store in the 1960’s and is now the site of the Iceland Store. The Lamb and Lark was the home of the St. Keyna Lodge and subsequently St. Keyna Chapter until they both moved to the purpose build Masonic Hall at the eastern end of Bath Road in September 1940
St Keyna Chapter was consecrated on Saturday 18th October 1930 at a special convocation of the Provincial Grand Chapter of Somerset at the Lamb & Lark Public House in Keynsham where the St Keyna Lodge met. It was opened at 2.30 pm. by the Provincial Grand Superintendent E Comp James Allen Tucker who was assisted by E Comp R T A Hughes as Haggai and E Comp H H Hallett as Joshua.
Only five years after the Chapter’s consecration, on the 14th November 1935, it was proposed that the Chapter move to a proposed Masonic Hall on land in Bath Road and that £50 be donated to the building fund. The Chapter moved into their new Masonic Hall just as German air raids devastated central Bristol and its surrounding areas. These conditions meant that convocations were held on Saturday afternoons, an arrangement which continued until the risk of bombing eased in 1942
To find out more about St Keyna Chapter email 📧 Scribe -E- Barry McCormack