The first SMCA group ride will take place this Sunday and will be a circular route starting at the Car park at Huish Episcopi which is opposite the St. Mary’s Church TA10 9QR where we will take a ride through Muchelney, Thorney, Kingsbury Episcopi, Shepton Beauchamp to Barrington Court Cafe (BC is a National Trust property, so if you have a membership card can you bring it with you. However, I have asked and we can use the Cafe. We will then make our way back to the Car park at Huish Episcopi via Hambridge, Curry Rivel, Drayton. It is a group ride so nobody gets left behind. It will be about 35km with 202m elevation, after the ride I will open up the World Famous Hanging Chapel where you will be able to see our freshly decorated Temple with its freshly painted Celestial canopy.
- 9:45 meet at Huish Episcopi Car Park
- 10:00 depart for Barrington Court
- 11:10 approx. arrive at Barrington Court
- 11.40 depart Barrington Court
- 12.40 Finish at Langport for a tour of the Hanging Chapel and maybe some chocolate Brownies!
Contact – Mike Norton SMCA Secretary