Meets at – The Masonic Hall, Nailsea BS48 1BA at 18:30 on the second Thursday.
Months – February, May, September and December.
Consecrated 9th April 1988 Meets at The Masonic Hall, Nailsea. In 1987 readers of Masonic Square Magazine would have seen a small advertisement on page 183 which read “Wanted; Complete equipment, in reasonably good condition please, for a new Royal Arch Chapter due to be consecrated in the near future. Contact Mr. S. Lamkin, 34 Eastway, Nailsea, Bristol BS19 1ET.” To many this was the first indication that plans were under way to establish a Royal Chapter in Nailsea. The Grand Superintendent E Comp Tom Hughes was always very proud of Tyntesfield Chapter, because although he consecrated 5 Chapters this was the only one that met at a new location that is one that did not already have a Chapter meeting there.
A letter from the Provincial Scribe E giving the Grand Superintendent’s approval to the idea of the creation of a new Chapter ‘in or around the Yatton area’, resulted in the first formal Founder’s meeting, held on the 14th of October 1987.
The Chapter took its name from the first Craft Lodge to be founded in Nailsea. Tyntesfield Lodge took its name from the nearby estate that belonged to George Abraham Gibbs, afterwards 1st Lord Wraxall. He had been the Provincial Grand Master of the Masonic Province of Bristol and had been initiated into Freemasonry in the Coleridge Lodge No.1750, at Clevedon. Although he became Provincial Grand Master he was never Grand Superintendent of that Province.
The Companions of Tyntesfield Chapter have worked diligently to make it one of the most successful Chapters in Somerset.
To find out more about Tyntesfield Chapter email 📧 Scribe -E- Iain Disdel
At the last regular meeting held on November 21st Estune welcomed in their second candidate of the year Brother Wayne…Read More »