The Provincial Grand Master, David Medlock presented a 50 year certificate to a delighted Rodney Scarr, on the 19th of April 2022 at Crewkerne Masonic Hall.
All of the brethren of the Parrett & Axe Lodge No 814, were very pleased indeed to both welcome the PGM on this special occasion, and to see Rod receive is his certificate.
Rod was Worshipful Master in 1985 and currently holds the Provincial rank of Past Provincial Grand Assistant Director of Ceremonies.
- Trained at Marconi Chelmsford as an Electronics Engineer, Control System Design and worked on Torpedoes, Hightfinder and Marine Radar
- In 1969 established the electronics department for Varta Ltd Crewkerne
- 1981 Technical Director responsible for manufacturing site producing nickel cadmium button cells
- 1991 purchased engineering facility from Varta Ltd established VES Precision Ltd
Rod is also actively involved with Bristol Engineering Manufacturing Association including the role of President and is still working three days a week with his son who runs the company as Managing Director
- 1988 gained his pilots license and currently owns a Piper Arrow which he flies regularly
- Sailing – Rod currently owns a Westerly Conway Ketch based at Portland Marina
- A classic car lover, owning a Mercedes 350 SL